Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

A system worth buying??

Repr0bate

Valued Member
Registered
Reaction score
IPD Cash
Not that I have alot of money at all let alone money to spare on something like this but wanted to know what you all think...

51gj-m7XaHL._SS350_.jpg

I know that most of you wouldnt consider yourself "hardcore" gamers but this looks like a sweet deal to me...hopefully this is the little something extra from Stan..lol...for $399 which is what I paid for my ps3 which only has an 80gig drive came with one remote and no game..this is 120gig and of course modern warfare 2 plus an extra remote (2 total) and some headset thing(something I dont anticipate ever using)..

Go?No Go?

Hmmm.. I dont know man, at that price I dont really think you NEED the elite. My brother and I have the Xbox 360 which i believe my mom paid $299 and it's just as fun! Now, if this Stan guy can give it out for free SURE then the elite is a great piece to have! But me personally, I wouldnt spend the money.

That's just me.

lol you kind of sound like my wife about the NEED thing...I know I dont but if you figure $299 for the 360 with only one controller and half the hard drive space...add $60 for the game and another $50 for the 2nd controller I'm already over $399...

I'm kinda like "hey, I'd be a sucker not to get this". know what I mean?

I guess Im just trying to justify spending that much money on a luxury.

hmmm... You got a point. However, do you REALLLLLY need that much more hard drive space? LOL

I bought a ps3 for the same price with an 80gig hdd and its about 3/4 full..Now they sell a slim ps3 $100 less and double the hard drive

I dont wanna get jipped again

Hehe, consoles are really dedicated for games and the sad part is gaming only
I would probaby list out my uses, though I prefer a gaming PC setup instead of consoles
Think of what you'll make use out of a PC, Photoshop, encoding things, downloading things, listening to songs, watching movies, etc. etc.
And also, PC games have the best graphics (requires very high-powered graphic card and on the same game), and consoles can never be on par with the level of details and filtering of a PC game.

Hehe, consoles are really dedicated for games and the sad part is gaming only
I would probaby list out my uses, though I prefer a gaming PC setup instead of consoles
Think of what you'll make use out of a PC, Photoshop, encoding things, downloading things, listening to songs, watching movies, etc. etc.
And also, PC games have the best graphics (requires very high-powered graphic card and on the same game), and consoles can never be on par with the level of details and filtering of a PC game.

Alienware machine's go for 3k and up, while this Xbox is only $399. I get the point about doing other things on it other than straight gaming, but the price difference is killer. I wish I had that much money to throw around.

Playstation 5 is the best video game console in the world today as far as I'm concerned. There's no console that's better than it. Xbox Series X is great but PS5 is the best.
You're right about that assessment of Playstation 5 being the apex of video games consoles in the gaming industry now. I'm getting my own Playstation 5 next month as it's when it will be delivered for me.

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds