Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

Hackint0sh

Koki

Valued Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.yapkoki.blogspot.com
IPD Cash
Ever wonder if there's a to run a OS X on a PC?
Google something called the Hackintosh
My brother is running the OS X 10.5.6 on a PC and it works greatly! ;)

I have OSX running on my PC, there's no reason that OS X can't run on a pc, since Apple made the switch to intel processors all the components are identical to any other pc. But to protect their bottom line i guess, and to not have to spend money developing drivers for a plethora of different hardware, they've bios locked the software to only run on their devices.

But there are ways around that.

The closer your pc is though, to the components to a mac, the easier it is to get it installed. There's a whole community called @ osx86.org and insanelymac.

This has been going on for @ least 4 years or so.

Yeah, since the famous 10.5.2, it has been hacked till Snow Leopard now.
Still I wonder when they'll start to get to use AMD

osx86 does work on amd, just not as smoothly as it does on intel machines.

I don't think Apple will ever use amd processors, they run too hot, unless you want to see a whole wave of melted macs.

Until AMD finds a way to control the heat generated by their CPU's...i don't see an AMD mac in the future.

Someone ATI made its way to Macintosh, and AMD owns ATI
ATI now uses 40nm processors on their HD 5800 series graphic cards
So I think everyone expects new line of processors by AMD too, since the latest Phenom II uses 45nm processors

Graphics cards are one thing, heat generated by the AMD graphics cards are another and i stand by my statement, until AMD finds a way to reduce the heat their processors generate...there will be no AMD processors in a mac.

With the design of their machines tending to be sleek and thin, there isn't alot of room for fans etc. If AMD's were in Macs as they are now...be prepared for lots of melted puddles of plastic.

Mac doesn't use plastic, as the whole laptop is enclosed with aluminium
As heat is released, the whole laptop goes slightly warm, and the heat is released quickly due to the low specific heat capacity of aluminum.

Macbooks are made of polycarbonate. There was briefly a 13'' Macbook Aluminium and it was later renamed to be a Macbook Pro.

But the first Macbooks after Apple switched to Intel processors and the current Macbook line are polycarbonate.

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds