Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

iPhone phones home

DRTigerlilly

Valued Member
Registered
Reaction score
IPD Cash
Apparently Apple has created a signature server, and the device phones home whenever you restore your iPhone or Ipod via Itunes. It checks the device identifier and the firmware version on your phone.

What this implies for i-product users...is that Apple can prevent users from being able to downgrade the OS...case in point with the current 3 gs, those users cannot downgrade to previous versions of the OS, because apple is no longer giving approval or signing lower versions. So even though 3.1 has proved problematic users on the 3gs or who hadn't previously had the signature info stored elsewhere (eg via Cydia) can't use earlier software on their devices.

from TUAW

Iphone is always been a awesome smart phone. I am using iphone 3gh since 1 year and not I have purchased iphone 4 . it performance is just outstanding.

Why in the world would I ever want to downgrade my IOS? There's a very good reason for the upgrade, I might take a while to upgrade but once I have done it, I'm never downgrading.

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds