Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

Mobile me anyone??

Repr0bate

Valued Member
Registered
Reaction score
IPD Cash
Im gonna say no one has this or there would have been at least one thread here..I am kinda looking into it and it seems pretty neat..the only thing that gets me is after a 60 day trial you have to pay for it..

push email, contacts, and calendar..

doesnt the iphone already do this already (except for push email)??

everytime I plug in my phone its says syncing calendar then contacts?

is there anything else out there that will push email? (gmail to be exact)

Like I said it looks cool but I dont know what the cost is for

Yea I read that before...but I found something that says it will push gmail..so with everything else already working dont think I would really need mobile me (nor would I want to pay for it)

i read a thread this morning on iphoneblog that morning that suggest it works but it's not as good as an exchange server, and you have to pay for mobileme, if you really want push mail, you might as well get a better product.

Some i saw recommended of the paid variety:
sherweb
mailstreet
4smartphone
Interways.net

It's a long thread but you can take a browse.

I'll take a look at those but one thing I've found so far is the google sync app...which is in beta but I will still try it out to see how it goes..

Google hasn't been dealing with the onslaught of users trying to use the service. Maybe as they add more servers it will get better, but users have been complaining about mail being slow, if it works @ all.

tried it myself tonight on my dad's iphone and it wouldn't pass exchange user verification, seeming very hit or miss.

Is it an older gmail acct? the ones that say [email protected]?

If so the step page i posted earlier said that it wouldnt verify something but to just hit ok and it would still work fine.

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds