Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

Nokia Sues Apple

OMG, did I read this right? If Nokia wins they means they can receive royalties of up to $400 million plus the continuing royalties on future iPhone sales.

According to the article Nokia approached Apple about 2 years ago about this issue hoping for a settlement, why wouldnt apple admit to doing something wrong and settle, does this mean Apple does not believe they infringed any patents?

Who are we to believe?

Nokia has been the leading developer of many key technologies in mobile devices,During the last two decades, Nokia has invested approximately EUR 40 billion in research and development and built one of the wireless industry’s strongest and broadest IPR portfolios, with over 11,000 patent families. Nokia is a world leader in the development of handheld device and mobile communications technologies, which is also demonstrated by Nokia’s strong patent portfolio.

apple products

I think apple is poissed as it was the leading mbile compnay and Apple has preyed on its patents and took the throne of hugest cellular market share from Nokia.....making Apple the leading High end and user mobile company....no wonder Nokia is indiginant

Just skimming thru the news and read that Nokia is suing Apple because they say Apple infringes on some of their patents for GSM...Everyone is just trying to make a buck...anyway heres the whole article to check it out for yourself...

Nokia Lawsuit Seeks a Piece of the iPhone Pie - Business Center - PC World
Apple is the apex Predator and it's why they are always the target for every other company out there. If they have truly infringed on any patents for GSM, they should be held accountable.

Personally, I'd like to sue Apple too if I have any evidence against them to take off money from the company. The are among the leading companies in the world now, so I want my own piece.

This is really... WTF?!
Apple... why? But I'm sure Apple has its way though
Seriously, if I have a to sue Apple for just about anything that I can win, I'm going to do it because the money isn't any problems for them to pay at all. They are the biggest company in the world to me.

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds