Welcome to iPhone Discussion

To unlock the full potential of our services and participate in our forum discussions, all you need to do is register or log in. Remember, membership is free and open to all.

One Software to Jailbreak them all....soon

DRTigerlilly

Valued Member
Registered
Reaction score
IPD Cash
Geohot, who used to be part of the dev-team, and who was the first to release a non hardware based unlock for the original iphone (that worked across all providers) Is slated to release software to unlock all the current generations of iphones and ipods. The current unlock/jailbreak solutions only work across the Original & 3g iphone, or 3gs's that were jailbroken and have information stored w/ Saurik since the 3.0 OS release.

3gs models that come w/ OS 3.1 have been unable to be jailbroken up to this point.

He has already noted that his work up to this point, seems to work w/ the 3.1.2 update released today.

His software will be called Blackra1n, and he's already registered the domain.

Would this be different from the custom 3.1 firmware used to jb from 3.0? I havent read up on 3.1.2 yet at all.. I'm assuming theres not too much updated.. In any case sounds like good news for ppl who got their 3gS with 3.1 from Apple..I'll keep checking for updates

Join our community of forum users today and unlock a range of exclusive features! Don't miss out on all the benefits waiting for you. Log in or sign up now!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds