OS 3.0 makes iPhone 3G lags

Koki

Oct 7, 2009
www.yapkoki.blogspot.com
Anyone lagging?
On my sister's iPhone 3G (OS 2.0) it runs smoothly
But after upgrading to OS 3.0, it starts to lag a lot, doesn't do anything smoothly and Safari crashes randomly with a long load time

Are there any ways to fix this? :confused:

DRTigerlilly

Sep 21, 2009
Since she has a 3g and not a 3gs she should try restoring the OS. Is it an unlocked/ jailbroken phone, or in stock status?

My best friend had issues with his iphone after he upgraded to 3.0, less battery life etc etc, but after he restored the device, it was performing better than it was on 2.0, and i've seen alot of other users report the same.

Koki

Oct 7, 2009
www.yapkoki.blogspot.com
The iPhone 3G is still on stock status
So how do I restore OS?
Won't there be any uncompatible apps? And also popups from iTunes to bug you to update to the OS 3.0

DRTigerlilly

Sep 21, 2009
You are doing a restore to the same OS 3.0, essentially refreshing the firmware on the device, it's possible it did not load properly the first time.

Make sure to sync and backup the phone first.

Instructions:

Use the following steps to restore your iPhone:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
  2. Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer.
  3. Select your iPhone or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
  4. Select the Summary tab.
  5. Select the Restore option.
  6. When prompted to back up your iPhone or iPod touch's settings before restoring, select the Back Up option (as seen in the image below). If have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.
Taken from Apple Support online

In terms of the messages to update, you can always ignore them...Apple isn't forcing you to do updates.

michealsmart9

Mar 1, 2011
You are doing a restore to the same OS 3.0, essentially refreshing the firmware on the device, it's possible it did not load properly the first time.

Make sure to sync and backup the phone first.

Instructions:

Use the following steps to restore your iPhone:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
  2. Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer.
  3. Select your iPhone or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
  4. Select the Summary tab.
  5. Select the Restore option.
  6. When prompted to back up your iPhone or iPod touch's settings before restoring, select the Back Up option (as seen in the image below). If have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.
Taken from Apple Support online

In terms of the messages to update, you can always ignore them...Apple isn't forcing you to do updates.

Thanks. Good to know